Thursday 26 November 2009

Things I love about running Part 1

Hi Everyone,
While I was out running the other day I started to think about about all the things I love about running. The more I thought about it the more things came to me.
The first thing I thought about was that I get to run with my wife, Meredith That's one of things I love about running. We were out doing a 7.5 mile easy run during the only good hour or two of good weather sandwiched between rain and wind.
We have run together for the past 4 years and it really is good time that we spend. It could be an easy run where we get to talk or if there is too much talking (and Meredith likes to talk) I can step up the pace and that soon quietens things down!
Although we didn't run together we have both done the London and Stockholm marathons together (if that makes sense).
I think that I've managed to persuade my Meredith to do her first Ultra next year... She has been so understanding about me bombing off around the UK and the world and she totally understands why I love running that I thought if we could do an ultra together then that would be a great experience. So I think we are going to Iceland to do a single stage 35 mile run across ice, rivers, snow, rocks hills......loads of hills.
I have every faith that Meredith will do it and although she won't enjoy every step she will enjoy it.
So that's number one. That's part one.
Cheers
Johnny

1 comment:

  1. i've tried to get my wife into running but its not for her! shame as like you I think I would really enjoy running together and sharing the real pleasure that running brings! oh well I guess I can keep it all to myself!

    ReplyDelete