Thursday 10 December 2009

Pretty Good Week

I've been a bit concerned since coming back from the Himalayas run as I have been getting a bit of a pain in my knee after 6 miles or so.
All seems to be getting better now as I have been stretching my self silly. A couple of serious pilates sessions has concentrated on strengthening my leg and stretching out my tight calves which got mashed up with the endless hills in India.
So yesterday i stuck on my shoes and went for a run. It was a lovely day for running, nice and cool, still and still light as I had the day off work so I could run before the sun set. I headed out thinking i'd do between 8-10 miles depending on what happened with my knee.
I stuck on some tunes and some bouncing happy hardcore made me smile as ran through the streets, woods and muddy fields around Beaconsfield. It was a great run.
I ended up doing 10 miles in 85 minutes which I was happy with and importantly my knee was ok.
So far this week I've run:
Tuesday 8th - 7.25 miles (58 mins)
Wednesday 9th - 10 miles (85 mins)
So its time to step things up again. I reckon a half marathon this Saturday and maybe a little run tomorrow night.
I love it when my running goes well. It makes everything else better.
Have a good weekend.
Johnny

p.s i'm on twitter now and tweeting away. follow me at: http://twitter.com/johnnyultra

No comments:

Post a Comment