Thursday 12 February 2009

The next two weeks

Hi,

I've had a nice and easy couple of weeks since the 40 miler and i've only done two runs. My legs felt fine by Tuesday which is great, I could clearly have pushed it harder!!

For the past 5 days I have been in Portugal visiting a good mate and running partner Joe. He is the guy I am doing all my ultras with so it was great to catch up. We did one longish 10 mile run and with the sun out and temperatures at 18 C it was a very pleasant change to the freezing UK runs.

So over the coming weeks I am going to do a couple of long runs, this weekend will be 18 miles, and next weekend 13 miles. The following weekend is the Grantham 29.3 mile run and my strategy at the moment is to run around with a guy called Matt i've met on Joe's running site http://www.therunningbug.co.uk.

I can't wait for this run. I am not going to cane it as I want to be in good shape to get straight back into my training as I really want o do well in the Bungay Marathon, I am looking for a pb in that run somewhere around 3.10 - 3.15.

I'll keep you posted on my training and how I get on at Grantham.

Cheers

Johnny.


No comments:

Post a Comment