Saturday 8 August 2009

Great 30 mile training run

Hi all,

I really needed a good training run today to give me some more confidence with my 85 miler only 3 weeks away now!!

So I headed out, backpack loaded with drink and snack bars and headed into the countryside round Beaconsfield.

Everything felt really good as I headed up to Flackwell Heath on my way to Marlow. I got to Marlow, which was just over a half marathon in 2 hrs 10 minutes so pleased with that.

I grabbed myself some lunch and more drink and headed down to the Thames in Marlow to find somewhere good to eat it. It was such a nice day, the sun was shining, there was still a bit of cloud which helped keep the temperature down a bit.

I took the second half easier and ended up finishing the 30 miles in 5.15 hours.

The good news is that I feel good, my achillies is absolutely fine, so its all looking good for the ultra...bring it on.

Top tune of the day was Marco V - Unprepared from the new Trance Nation CD mixed by Above and Beyond

Off for a 10 miler tomorrow to see how the legs hold up.

Laters...

No comments:

Post a Comment