Sunday 12 July 2009

im back

Hi All,

Its been a quiet first half of summer for me and my running. After my 4 marathons in 4 weeks my achillies was a little battered so I took a bit of time out to let it repair and strengthen.

So I have been doing about 2 runs a week on average with one marathon chucked in to see what would happen and all was good. It was a great marathon as well, all off road across the south downs, absolutely beautiful. This one had 5500 foot ascent and descent in it which made a different type of challenge but good fun.

But as the title of this post suggests I am back into it now. I've had 4 runs this week totalling 32 miles and I've been pleased with them. Ive got an off road marathon next weekend and the sunday which will be interesting as its the day after a wedding!!.

This one is the Fairlands Valley Challenge which I have done before and it took me and Joe 5.5 hours to complete!! You have to navigate your way around with an instruction booklet. Oh dear!

Im off to yorkshire the weekend after to have a training session with another ultra runner I met through the Running Bug website. Matt is doing the Hardmoors 110 which as the name suggests is 110 miles across the moors, non stop. We are going to be doing a 35 mile stretch of the run to see what it is like.

All this is building up to the big one which is the 85 miler at the end of August. Thats massive....really looking forward to it but have not quite got my head around it yet..

Until next time. Enjoy.

Johnny

3 comments: